Are you looking for a way to have your home stop smelling like a wet dog? Maybe you’ve got dust that seems like it is out of control? The Germ Guardian 3-in-1 Cleaning System gives you all of the tools you need to improve your indoor air quality immediately. Not only is it a true HEPA system, but it also offers a charcoal filter that helps to reduce odors from pets, cigarette smoke, and other common household activities.
There are some definite advantages to owning the Germ Guardian 3-in-1 Cleaning System, and during our trial process we noticed some potential disadvantages that some households may experience as well. Here are some of our key observations about this air purification system.
- You receive 3 speed settings for the adjustable fan. When this air purifier is on the lowest setting, you can barely hear it operating. On its highest setting, you can definitely see an improvement in the air quality in that room. It takes about 2 hours to start seeing results.
- The CADR is a bit lower than we’d expect. The Germ Guardian 3-in-1 Cleaning System is CADR rated at 100+, so it’s going to work best in small- to medium-sized rooms. We found it useful to place it in the bedroom and just leave it running around the clock. When we tested this unit in a larger room, there was still a noticeable improvement, but not as good as what we saw in the bedroom.
- The UV-C light technology was surprisingly effective. There’s this patch of mold in the bathroom that likes to grow because of a really bad architectural design in our home. There’s a skylight in there with a 16 foot “shaft” that has been created on the other side of our exhaust fan. We need to scrub that patch every other month or so. With the Germ Guardian working in the bathroom, the colony growth wasn’t nearly as extensive as it had been previously. A definite plus here.
- You really do need to use Germ Guardian filters. There are generic filters available for this unit, but the ones made by this brand work the best. The HEPA filter needs to be replaced about twice per year if you run the unit extensively. We also recommend changing out the carbon filters every 3 months or so to make sure you’re getting the best possible results. Indicator lights let you know when it’s time to replace the filter.
- There is no ozone creation. This is absolutely necessary to have in our household. Any ozone creation creates a potential health issue. We’re happy to report that no ozone was detected while operating this unit.
- It takes some time for this air purifier to reach full-time running capacity. We noticed a faint plastic smell for the first couple of days when using the Germ Guardian 3-in-1 Clean System. Not so bad that it gives you a headache, but enough that it was noticeable and slightly bothersome at times. That went away by the third day and hasn’t returned since.
The Germ Guardian 3-in-1 Cleaning System helps you take control of your indoor air quality levels in a fast and affordable way. If you have a bedroom, an office, or another smaller space that you’d like to improve, then we highly recommend this as one of the best air purifiers available to meet those needs.